112 - Reduction in Force
CUES may reduce the number of staff through a reduction in force due to one or more of the following at any time during the calendar year.
1. The discontinuance or substantial reduction of a particular service or program;
2. The shortage of anticipated revenue after the budget has been adopted; or
3. Declining student enrollments or loss of revenue in the districts of the CUES service region that might cause said districts to be unable to pay assessments for services.
No reduction in force shall take place without the approval of the CUES Executive Board. Such approval will be documented in board minutes.
When a reduction becomes necessary, the following items shall be considered:
1. Categories of work to be eliminated, such as programs and services provided.
2. Retention consideration will be given to employees who have the certification, training, and expertise to provide a needed service.