Registration IELP 5113
SUU PARTICIPANT INSTRUCTIONS
Please allow at least one week before the start of class to apply to SUU (if applicable), activate your portal (if applicable), and register for the class. You will not be able to register yourself if the class has already started.
Southern Utah University thanks you for partnering with us on this noble endeavor.
When registering do not pay any fees when prompted at the SUU site. All Fees are paid to CUES who will then pay your SUU fees. Step 4 details the method for payment.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION FIRST:
"You must be on record at SUU as an active continuing education student. If you were an Undergrad or Graduate student at SUU you must apply as a continuing education student. If you are a continuing education student, and did not take any continuing education courses last semester you must reapply. If you are a continuing education student and have only completed paper registrations, and have never done the online application, you must apply online. If you are a current student in SUU Graduate or Undergraduate programs you must apply as a continuing ed student online."
ARE YOU AN ACTIVE CONTINUING EDUCATION STUDENT ACCORDING TO THE PARAGRAPH ABOVE?
If you are not an active continuing education student, please start at STEP 1.
If you are an active continuing education student, please go to STEP 3.
STEP 1: You will need to apply to the university prior to the start of the class
Please follow these instructions to apply to SUU:
- Go to www.suu.edu
- Select “Apply”
- Find “Continuing Education”
- Select (semester), and then select application year Spring 2019
- You will see the following tabs (please provide information in each tab as directed on the screen): Instructions (read them), Personal Information (put in personal information), Education (put in education information), Application (choose semester/term noted above, and put in rest of information), and Information (read the important disclaimer statement)
- Select “Submit Application”
- You will see the following message “Thank you for your application. Please contact the School of Integrative and Engaged Learning for questions and assistance.” - select “ok” (it is not necessary to contact the School of Continuing and Professional Studies)
- If you would like to print out your application you are welcome to do that (but it is not necessary) – Select “print to PDF”, and then send it to your printer
- You will get an email message thanking you for your application – please wait 2 days, and then proceed to step 2 to activate your portal
STEP 2: You will need to activate your SUU portal (between Step 1 and Step 2 you must wait 2 week days in order for the system to update and recognize you).
Please follow these instructions to activate your portal:
- You need to recall what email you used when you applied to the university
- Go to www.suu.edu
- Select the box in the left hand corner that says “mySUU portal”
- Select “Activate your account now”
- It will prompt you to put in the email address that you put into the system when you applied to the university - put in the email address and select “Go”
- The system will then generate an email to the email you used when you applied to the university
- Open the email from SUU in your email account that you used when you applied to the university, and then select “Finish Your Account Activation”
- This will take you to the screen that prompts you to choose a security question (from the pull-down menu) and to type in an answer – choose your question and type in your answer, and then select “continue”
- Read the “acceptable use policy” statement, select the box under “I Agree”, and then select “continue”
- It will next prompt you to put in a password of your choice, verify your password by putting it in again, and then select “continue”
- It will then display a screen that says, “Your account has been successfully activated” (the screen will show you your user name and your Tnumber your password was the one you entered previously through these steps) – print this page for your records
- The system will send you another email, to the email address you used when you applied to the university, that contains your username and your Tnumber (the password is the one you created)
- Now you will be able to access the SUU portal – please proceed to step 3 in order to register for the class
STEP 3: You will need to register for the class using the following CRN 12530
Please follow these instructions to register for the class: The CRN for the course is
- Access your SUU Portal by returning to www.suu.edu (the user name and password created when you activated your account will be used) – the system may prompt you to verify your personal information – if it does follow the instructions and then continue
- After accessing the portal, you will see two gray boxes on the left hand side of the screen. In the “Banner” box (the bottom left box) select “Student Menu”
- Select “Registration”
- Select “Register for Classes”
- Select the following term Spring 2019
- Select “Continue”
- Select the “Enter CRNs” tab at the top of the page
- Enter the Course Registration Number (CRN) given to you above in the space provided
- You may have to enter in the start and end dates which are just above the boxes you enter them in.
- DON’T SEARCH FOR CRNS OR DATES.
- Select “Add to Summary”
- A summary will appear in the bottom half of you screen. Make sure the course information matches what you’ve been given and click submit.
- The status section will say registered and turn green which means you have successfully registered.
If you get this error when you try to register:
If you have forgotten your user name/password please follow these instructions:
- Go to www.suu.edu
- Click on the box in the left hand corner that says “mySUU portal”
- Click on “Forgot username or Password?”
- Click on “Alternate password reset”
- It will prompt you to put in your Social Security Number, Birthdate, and Zip Code – after putting this information in click “Submit”
- It will then prompt you with a security question you previously designated (if you have forgotten the answer to your security question, you will have to contact the Help desk) - or if you have never used the system then choose a security question and an answer 7. Read the disclaimer and if you agree click the “I agree” box and then click “submit”
- It will next prompt you to put in a password and confirm your password – once you have completed this information click “submit” (you must choose a password you have not used before)
- It will then display a screen that says, “Your account has been successfully activated. It will give you your user name and your Tnumber (your password was the one you entered previously) – print this out for safe keeping.
- Now you will be able to access the SUU portal using the login name you were given and the password that you chose.
If this doesn't work, please contact our IT help desk at 435-865-8200
STEP 4: You will need to pay your course fees. All Fees will be paid using the online payment method. The exception to this is for the teachers who's district pays tuition and fees. We will continue to invoice the district.
- To make payment go to https://www.nucenter.org/Payment.html and follow the instructions
STEP 5: You will need to view your unofficial transcript and then order a transcript.
It is highly advisable that you check your SUU portal for your unofficial transcript prior to ordering a transcript. Please note that checking off that you would like to make sure that your semester grades are processed is not a guarantee that the transcript will include all grades. Please also check the bottom of the transcript to make sure all credits are included in the total credits before ordering (your total credits taken should tally together to equal the total credits processed at the bottom of the transcript). Please follow these steps to view your unofficial transcript:
- Access your SUU Portal
- After accessing the portal, you will see two gray boxes on the left hand side of the screen. In the “Banner” box (the bottom left box) select “Student Menu”.
- You will then select “Student Records”.
- You will then select “Academic Transcript”.
- You will then select which “Transcript Level” you would like to see (“All Levels” will show you all your credits)
- You will then select “Submit”
- This will pull up an unofficial transcript. Make sure your grades for all your courses have been posted before ordering an official transcript
Please follow these steps to order your transcript:
- Access your SUU Portal
- After gaining access to the portal, you will see a gray box on the right side of the screen titled, “Resources”. Select “Order Transcripts”.
- Follow the instructions on the screen (Steps 1-5)