210 - Fixed Assets
- Inventories - A capitalization threshold for GASB 34 of $5000.00
- An equipment inventory is to be maintained on all capital outlay items exceeding $500 in value; other items of lesser values may be added at the discretion of the director. The inventory will serve both the functions of control and conservation. All equipment must be properly tagged and identified.
- Persons identified at CUES will be given the responsibility to update inventory records periodically during the fiscal year.
- Before the close of each fiscal year, a printout will be provided to CUES by their fiscal agent for the purpose of checking accuracy and before the final year-end-report is printed. A list of items that need to be removed from the printout should be submitted to CUES' fiscal agent, Sevier School District.
- No employee of CUES shall transfer, sell, or trade-in any property owned by the service center without appropriate authorization. Surplus property shall be offered to the general public through competitive sealed bids or public auction. It is recognized, however, that some types and classes of items can be sold more readily and advantageously by other means. In such cases, and also where the nature of the property or unusual circumstances call for its sale to be restricted or controlled, the director may employ such other means, provided that such procedure is advantageous to the service center.
- INFORMATION RESOURCES / TECHNOLOGY ASSETS
This policy includes all CUES owned or managed information resource or technology assets, including, but not limited to, computers, servers, network devices, peripherals, printers, copiers, etc.
A CUES supplied laptop or personal computer and associated equipment and peripherals are for work-related tasks. The employee has a responsibility to protect the technology asset from harm, misuse, or neglect. If an employee leaves CUES for any reason the employee must return all CUES property in good, working order. At no time shall the employee keep or hold the technology property, except for occasional work-at-home use.